Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Activity

 Today,  I noticed a lot of activity in Northern Virginia.  Fresh asphalt on the trail, a new bridge, a new office building, new homes, new roads, new commuter lots.  It was the kind of activity that makes me think we are all going to have a great year! 
 Today, it was about 60 with a 20 mph cross wind that was making going downhill a challenge! I have never experienced a reduction of speed after cresting a hill before.


Spring in Loudoun County, VA







I recently purchased an Android OS smart phone.  I found an app that I used for the first time today.  The app is called Endomondo.    The app is configured so you can put it on your handlebars and monitor while you are cycling.  I put my phone in my bag and looked at the phone when I was finished with my ride.    This is the data I was able to collect using the app: Total 28.8 miles. Time 2h, 20min, 1 sec. Avg speed 12.03 mph.  The app saves a google map of your ride that is saved with your workout.  I burned 1,918 calories.  My first mile was the slowest at 7:47sec. My fastest mile was mile 8 at 3:25.  Very interesting.  I would recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment